At the VDTA/SDTA tradeshow in Las Vegas two weeks ago,
Michael Guld (www.themilliondollarmediarep.com/) gave the keynote
address. I was pleased to see almost a
full house for the keynote, probably about 500 people. Michael gave these 10 tips to help create
your own stimulus package:
- Turn Off the News.
(It is amazing how negative it is, even on days when there may be cause
- Live by the Serenity Prayer.
(Accept those things you can’t change, change those that you can, and
pray for the wisdom to know the difference.)
- Re-ignite Your Passion.
(Loving what you do rather than just liking it.)
- Redefine and then Re-commit to your Goals. (He said “there is no commitment in wanting”
things to improve, only in committing to action to make them improve.)
- Review and Modify your Business Plan.
- Promote, Promote, Promote.
(Cause Marketing is a great way to do this.)
- Refine and Live your Value Proposition. (Why do people buy from you vs. the other
- Provide World-Class Service.
(It takes the right people to do this.
Hire the smile and then train the skill.)
- Take Care of your Existing Customer Base.
- Focus Strategies on New Business Development.